Lashes make the eyes look bigger, fuller and more inviting. Though not all of us are blessed with sky high lashes, false lashes are the next best choice. When worn correctly, they can go undetected.
How to apply strip lashes
• Size the lashes, before gluing the lashes on, why? You will need to make sure they are not too wide for your eyes. Hold the strips up against your eyelid, if the lashes are to long for personal taste consider trimming he lashes down to achieve a more natural look. Lashes should be longer towards the outer corner of the eyes.
• Apply the lash glue to the outer seam of the eyelash strip with an applicator or small brush, allow the glue to dry for 30 seconds before applying it to your lashes.
• Place the strip on your eyelid, positioning it as close as possible to your natural lashes. Bring the strip down from above not from the front so that you will get as close as possible to your natural lash line.
• Allow the glue to dry naturally once the strip is in place, you do not need to press or hold it. Apply mascara to your lashes, this will help blend your natural lashes with the false ones achieving a more natural look.
• Apply liquid eyeliner along your upper lid. Fill in any gaps between the false lashes and your own with liquid liner.
Lashes can be reused but always clean them after use and place them back in the box after they are dry.
Another way of fixing strip lashes
The more curved the lash band is, the easier the lashes are to apply. Blend your eyelash into ‘U’ shape, it is easier to apply a curved false eyelash onto your eyes rather than pin down both ends of a lash that is too straight.
Note; lashes not made of 100% human hair will not bend easily.
Oil makes it hard for the adhesive to bond to the lash band and to your lash line. If you have naturally oily eyelids blot the excess oil with oil blotting sheets and if you are going to reuse the lashes make sure you never remove them with oil based makeup remover as the oil will stay lodged within the lash band making it hard for you to glue them back.
Single lashes extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that a curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to each individual natural eyelash one by one for a natural, beautiful and luscious look.
With proper application meaning one synthetic eyelash applied to one natural lash they look and feel completely natural and real. no one will know you have extensions. They will think you were born with beautiful lashes. When applied properly eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. Touch up is required every two to three weeks. If you wait too long your eyelash extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Naturally your own lashes fall off every 45 to 60 days due to the natural growth cycle and a naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. You can swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing eyelash extensions. The bonding agent used is waterproof, avoid steam or sauna and only use water based mascara.
Clear and Dark glue adhesives
If you are new to wearing of false eyelashes clear glue is the best, it really does dry clear so go ahead and make all the adjustments you need to achieve that perfect fit. No one will know you are not a pro.
The last thing you want people to notice about your fabulous lashes is the glue they are clinging to. Choose clear glue when wearing light colored or feather lashes to make sure your lashes not the glue take the spotlight, in other words always match your glue tone to your lash tone.
However if you are looking for more intensity from your lashes then dark glue adhesive should be your choice of glue. It dries black. Dark glue intensifies and darkens the lash line; it gives extra depth to your eyeliner. If you are applying under lashes, clear glue is the definite choice for a clean, natural looking under lash application. However for more intensified look like the smokey eyes you can go ahead and use dark glue.
Strip lash glue and Individual lash glue.
Strip lash glue are made for the use with strip lashes but can most certainly be used for an individual lashes as well. The strip lash glue will last until you decide to take them off like after a photo-shoot or less than 24 hours.
However, individual lash glue can last for weeks and a month. This is what is used when you go for an eyelash extension. It is semi-permanent glue which can only be removed by a semi-permanent glue remover. You should not use individual lash glue on strip lashes because the glue is designed to last for a longer period of time.